Macmillan’s carrot and courgette muffins
Tuesday, June 29
These muffins only take 15 minutes to bake, so you will be able to munch on this healthy treat in no time at all! Makes 8 muffins.
- Courgette: 50g (1 3/4oz), finely grated
- Carrot: 50g (1 3/4oz), finely grated
- Ripe banana: 1, mashed
- Milk: 4tbsp
- Sunflower oil: 2tbsp
- Large egg: 1, beaten
- Ground cinnamon:1/2tsp
- Plain flour: 150g (5 1/4oz)
- Baking powder: 2tsp
- Raisins: 50g (1 3/4oz)
- Pumpkin seeds: 25g (>3/4oz), to decorate
- Muffin cases: 8
- Muffin tray
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (375˚F/Gas Mark 5). Put 8 large muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the pumpkin seeds, into a large bowl and mix everything together well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Spoon the muffin batter into each of the muffin cases, making sure each case has roughly the same amount of batter. Then sprinkle some pumpkin seeds over the top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 15 minutes. You want them to have risen and be cooked through, so the mixture should spring back when lightly pressed. Once baked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool in tin.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s Coffee Morning is back on Friday 24th September. For information on how to get involved and to sign up search Macmillan Coffee Morning or click HERE.