Macmillan’s Coffee Morning 2021
Thursday, July 8
Macmillan’s Coffee Morning is an annual event dedicated to bringing people together over a cuppa to raise vital funds for people living with cancer.
When is Coffee Morning 2021?
This year, the official event date is Friday 24th September but a Coffee Morning can be held at any time.
Why do it?
Whatever your reason to host, no reason is too big or too small, and will help us directly support people living with cancer.
Macmillan is doing whatever it takes to provide vital emotional, financial and clinical support for people living with cancer who are going through a challenging time. However, the charity is almost entirely funded by donations and is calling on the public to take part in Coffee Mornings and raise funds to support its vital work.
Before Covid-19, many patients told Macmillan that being diagnosed with cancer and going through treatment was the scariest thing that they could imagine. These anxieties and concerns have not gone away during the pandemic – they’ve been made worse by this crisis - meaning that Macmillan needs support from the British public more than ever to continue to provide the crucial support people living with cancer rely on.
Where do donations go?
Every penny raised at a Coffee Morning helps Macmillan to provide support for people with cancer, who need it now more than ever. This could include:
- £10 - This could help run our vital phone service for cancer patients and could lead to our welfare rights advisers on our Macmillan Support Line helping people affected by cancer to claim £355 in benefits they are entitled to.
- £30 - This could pay for 50 copies of cancer information booklets. These booklets are one of our most popular resources, offering advice and information on sources of support to people affected by cancer, who may experience a wide range of emotions including fear, loneliness, and anger.
- £60 - This could pay for a mindfulness session for up to 20 patients at a Macmillan cancer information and support centre.
- £100 - This could pay for a health professional to attend a specialised conference on approaches to cancer treatment, run by Macmillan.
- £200 - This could pay for the training of a person affected by cancer to become a Cancer Support Course facilitator. This is an accredited course which develops participants cancer awareness, communication and counselling skills to better support other people affected by cancer.
How to get involved?
- Sign up at macmillan.org.uk/coffee or by searching Macmillan Coffee Morning and we’ll send you a fundraising kit with top tips to get you started.
- Visit our Headline Partner M&S to buy limited-edition Coffee Morning products. Throughout September, Marks & Spencer will be selling a selection of Coffee Morning products in M&S Foodhalls - including a bespoke Macmillan Colin the Caterpillar™ cake and a specially designed travel mug and mug - with 10% of proceeds going to Macmillan. Or visit the M&S Café and hold a personal Coffee Morning of your own, where there will be a 5p donation from M&S for every coffee and slice of cake sold throughout September.
- Buy the ingredients for a perfect Coffee Morning throughout September by purchasing one of the limited-edition Betty Crocker cake mixes or icing tubs (10p will be donated to Macmillan from each product sold). Serve your guests a full and bold cup of coffee using a limited-edition jar of NESCAFÉ Original. (25p per jar will be donated to Macmillan*).
The Headline Partner of this year’s event will once again be M&S Food. NESCAFÉ Original and baking brand Betty Crocker will also be Official Sponsors of Macmillan’s Coffee Morning 2021, to help make this year’s fundraising event the best yet.*Nestle is donating a minimum of £250,000 plus VAT to Macmillan Cancer Support
For information on how to get involved and to sign up search Macmillan Coffee Morning or click HERE.