WIN £250 of Squires Kitchen School vouchers
Friday, January 2 2015
For Fairtrade Fortnight, 23rd February–8th March, Cakes & Sugarcraft magazine has teamed up with Squires Kitchen to help encourage the public to #makecakefair.
Fairtrade is about ensuring a fairer deal for farmers and workers in the developing world, which includes better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade. Squires Kitchen Sugarpaste is made using cane sugar grown by smallholder farmers in a number of countries and is a premium-quality sugarpaste perfectly suited to covering cakes of all shapes and sizes, from the smallest of mini cakes to multi-tiered wedding cakes.
Find out more about Fairtrade Fortnight at www.fairtrade.org.uk/fortnight.
To raise awareness, Cakes & Sugarcraft magazine is inviting creative cake makers to enter this competition for the chance to win a course voucher worth £250 to spend at Squires Kitchen International School. Miranda Gore Browne, much-loved finalist on the first series of The Great British Bake Off, will judge the winner.
How to enter
- Using the theme of ‘Colours of the Rainbow’, decorate a single cake of any size or shape and with as many tiers as you like, making sure that the finished product is entirely edible and uses Squires Kitchen Sugarpaste, the first to be Fairtrade certified in the UK.
- Take a picture of your creation including the SK Sugarpaste packet in shot.
- Tweet your picture to @sugarcraftmag, @mirandabakes, @fairtradeuk including the hashtags #makecakefair and #fairtradefortnight by 28th February 2015 at the latest. Good luck!
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date of 28th February 2015.
- The winner and two runners-up will be notified via direct message on Twitter by Friday 6th March. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her email account for prize notification and other communications related to any competition entered.
- No employees of Squires Group or Fairtrade UK may enter this competition.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend a SKIS course and enter the competition.
- Please note that offers are open to UK residents only and we can only accept one entry per person and per household.
- The winner may either attend one course up to the value of £250 or various courses which have a total value of up to £250.
- The prize has no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Transport, accommodation and other expenses are not covered in the cost of this course and are not included in the prize. For some sugarcraft courses, there is additional equipment to be purchased. The prize value does not include extra equipment and should be purchased separately from the prize.
- All courses must be booked and attended by 31st December 2015.
- The winner will also receive a pair of tickets to the Squires Kitchen 2015 Exhibition on 15th March 2015 where they will have the chance to be presented with their prize in person at the prize-giving ceremony. If the winner cannot attend, the prize will be sent by post. Travel and accommodation costs to the exhibition will not be covered by the sponsor.
- The winner’s name and entry as well as other selected entries will be published in the summer issue of Cakes & Sugarcraft magazine, on sale 30th April 2015, as well as online at www.cakesandsugarcraft.com.
- If a potential prize winner does not respond to the administrator (or sponsor) via direct message on Twitter within seven days, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize. No responsibility can be accepted by SKIS for entries not received for whatever reason.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or any other social network.
- By participating in the competition, entrants automatically agree to abide by these competition rules and regulations.
- For full terms and conditions regarding courses at Squires Kitchen International School, please read www.squires-school.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.