All Projects1930s Style Wedding Cake
1930s Style Wedding Cake
by Geraldine Dahlke
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Re-create the elegance of the 1930s on this delicate two-tier wedding cake.
The Victoria and Albert Museum in London has a wonderful library of wallpapers spanning many centuries. This delicately decorated wedding cake was inspired by a beautiful design from their 1930s collection.
What you'll learn
- Preparation: Prepare and cover the cakes and make the plaques.
- Piping the Stems: Colour the royal icing and pipe the stems onto the cakes.
- Brush Embroidery: Add the leaves, buds and petals using the brush embroidery technique.
- Deccorating the Plaques: Pipe the inscriptions onto the plaques.
- Piped Flowers and Leaves: Pipe the blossoms and clover leaves onto the cakes.
- Completing the Cakes: Place the cakes onto the boards and secure the plaques and piped flowers to the cakes.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.