All ProjectsAlstroemeria and Hazel Ikebana
Alstroemeria and Hazel Ikebana
by Lesley Bassett
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Make a stunning ikebana display of Alstromeria blooms, lily leaves and contorted hazel.
The inspiration for this piece came from Diane Norman & Michelle Cornell’s wonderful book, Ikebana: A Fresh Look at Japanese Flower Arranging (Conran Octopus). The original arrangement featured wide-open tulips and tulip leaves with stems of contorted hazel. However, an equally beautiful effect is achieved using colourful Alstroemeria blooms and lily leaves.
What you'll learn
- Alstroemeria Centres: Make the filaments, anthers and pistil for the flowers.
- Alstroemeria Petals and Sepals: Create the inner petals and outer sepals.
- Alstroemeria Buds: Make several buds to go in the arrangement.
- Alstroemeria Leaves: Make two different sizes of alstroemeria leaf.
- Alstroemeria Assembly: Tape the buds, flowers and leaves together.
- Lily Leaves: Make wired leaves.
- Contorted Hazel: Use lengths of wire to create the hazel stems.
- Arrangement: Arrange the flowers and leaves in the vase.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.