Gazebo Cake Top Decoration in Royal Icing
by Eddie Spence MBE
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Learn to use run-outs and pressure piping techniques to make a beautiful gazebo for a cake top
This rather grand-looking cake top decoration can be used on wedding cakes, christening cakes, and any other special occasion cake. Although it looks complicated, once you know how to make run-outs and pressure pipe, it is a great project for all skill levels and can be made in advance. The gazebo can be made in various colours using liquid colourings.
What you'll learn
- Preparation: Prepare the royal icing to the consistencies required
- Gazebo Solid Run-outs: Make the hexagonal solid run-out pieces for the gazebo.
- Gazebo Roof Pieces and Fillets: Pipe the triangular sections for the roof and the curved fillet pieces.
- Gazebo Tulle Backing: Cut pieces of tulle netting to fit the run-out framework before piping on the detail.
- Gazebo Assembly: Use royal icing to attach all the gazebo pieces together.
- Flowers: Make a small flower stand to go inside the gazebo.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.