All ProjectsGazebo Cake Top Decoration in Royal Icing
Gazebo Cake Top Decoration in Royal Icing
by Eddie Spence MBE
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Learn to use run-outs and pressure piping techniques to make a beautiful gazebo for a cake top
This rather grand-looking cake top decoration can be used on wedding cakes, christening cakes, and any other special occasion cake. Although it looks complicated, once you know how to make run-outs and pressure pipe, it is a great project for all skill levels and can be made in advance. The gazebo can be made in various colours using liquid colourings.
What you'll learn
- Preparation: Prepare the royal icing to the consistencies required
- Gazebo Solid Run-outs: Make the hexagonal solid run-out pieces for the gazebo.
- Gazebo Roof Pieces and Fillets: Pipe the triangular sections for the roof and the curved fillet pieces.
- Gazebo Tulle Backing: Cut pieces of tulle netting to fit the run-out framework before piping on the detail.
- Gazebo Assembly: Use royal icing to attach all the gazebo pieces together.
- Flowers: Make a small flower stand to go inside the gazebo.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.