by Helen Penman
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Use the templates provided to carve a cake into a fun camper van shape ready for decoration.
In this project, Cakes & Sugarcraft contributor Helen Penman shares one of the most popular designs from her book, Cakes for the Boys (£14.99, B. Dutton Publishing Ltd). Learn how to carve the cake into a van shape then decorate it with a fun design which can easily be adapted to suit any fan of camping, surfing, or both!
What you'll learn
- Land: Find out how to carve, cover and texture a piece of cake to make a grassy parking spot for the van.
- Sea: Learn how to shape, texture and colour sugarpaste to look like waves.
- Carving the Camper Van: Use the templates to carve the main cake into a good shape for the camper van.
- Covering the Camper Van: Cover the cake in sugarpaste to provide a smooth base for the decoration.
- Decorating the Camper Van: Discover how to use sugarpaste and MMP to add detail to the van.
- Surfboard and Finishing Touches: Learn how to use flower paste to make a surfboard then make hibiscus flowers for it and the van to complete the decoration.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.