by Tessa Whitehouse
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
This four-tier wedding cake showcases the beauty of hand piped filigree work in royal icing.
This delicate filigree design illustrates how royal icing can be used in a very contemporary way to create a beautiful and subtle finish. The romantic heart motif appears in a different design on each tier, making it the perfect choice for a romantic wedding celebration.
What you'll learn
- Covering the Cakes: Prepare and cover the fruit cakes using marzipan and sugarpaste.
- Piping the Filigree Panels: Pipe the intricate filigree designs as off-pieces.
- Stacking the Cakes: Dowel the three lower tiers before stacking them.
- Attaching the Panels: Attach the piped designs carefully to the cake sides.
- Finishing Touches: Use piped royal icing and ribbon to add the finer details and finishing touches.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.