All ProjectsHollywood Glamour Cake
Hollywood Glamour Cake
by Jen Birch
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Create a subtle diamante effect with piping gel on this stunning Hollywood-inspired wedding cake.
This modern and glamorous tiered cake evokes the old romance of Hollywood in its golden era. Soft tones of ivory and gold teamed with royal icing swags and piping gel diamante offer a more subtle approach. Piping gel is very underused in contemporary cake decoration so this design presents a new use for this versatile and beautiful product whilst remaining simple and stylish. The diamante dots of gel catch the light and, unlike diamante ribbon trim, they’re entirely edible!
What you'll learn
- Heart Run-outs: Find out how to create heart-shaped run-out decorations.
- Preparing the Dummy: Prepare the polystyrene dummy to create a separator.
- Cakes: Cover the cakes with sugarpaste then learn to mark out and pipe royal icing swag decorations.
- Diamante Finish: Discover how to use piping gel to create a diamante effect on the cake.
- Small Roses: Find out how to make a small wired rose using cutters, veiners and SFP.
- Large Rose: Learn to make a large wired rose using cutters, veiners and SFP.
- Arranging the Roses on the Cake: Insert and arrange the small roses into the polystyrene separator.
- Finishing Touches: Stack the cake and add the final decorations.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.