Create a subtle diamante effect with piping gel on this stunning Hollywood-inspired wedding cake.
To view this project's edibles, equipment and instructions, you will need to sign in or join Cakes & Sugarcraft Magazine - it's FREE and only takes a minute.
This modern and glamorous tiered cake evokes the old romance of Hollywood in its golden era. Soft tones of ivory and gold teamed with royal icing swags and piping gel diamante offer a more subtle approach. Piping gel is very underused in contemporary cake decoration so this design presents a new use for this versatile and beautiful product whilst remaining simple and stylish. The diamante dots of gel catch the light and, unlike diamante ribbon trim, they’re entirely edible!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Heart Run-outsFind out how to create heart-shaped run-out decorations.
- Preparing the DummyPrepare the polystyrene dummy to create a separator.
- CakesCover the cakes with sugarpaste then learn to mark out and pipe royal icing swag decorations.
- Diamante FinishDiscover how to use piping gel to create a diamante effect on the cake.
- Small RosesFind out how to make a small wired rose using cutters, veiners and SFP.
- Large RoseLearn to make a large wired rose using cutters, veiners and SFP.
- Arranging the Roses on the CakeInsert and arrange the small roses into the polystyrene separator.
- Finishing TouchesStack the cake and add the final decorations.