by Jan Clement-May
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Learn how to make a cartoon-style horse rider figurine from sugar for the equestrian in your life.
Cakes & Sugarcraft magazine contributor, Jan Clement-May, shares an extract from her book, Squires Kitchen’s Guide to Making Sugar Figures (B. Dutton Publishing). In it she shows you how to hand-model a fun horse rider figurine in her trademark style, perfect for topping birthday and celebration cakes.
What you'll learn
- Preparation: Get the quantities and materials ready for the project in advance.
- Whip: Find out how to make a sturdy whip for your horse riding figurine.
- Feet and Legs: Learn how to assemble a correctly-proportioned sugar figure.
- Body: Find out how using layers of sugar dough can help create a realistic sugar figure.
- Arms and Hands: Discover how to make cartoon arms and hands used modelling paste.
- Head: Give your figure a fun, cartoon-style face with Jan Clement-May's instructions.
- Riding Hat: Learn how to make a fun accessory for your horse rider.
- Cupcake Decorations: An optional addition to the horse rider, learn how to make a rosette and horse shoe decoration for cupcakes and more.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.