All ProjectsHowzat! Cricket Cake
Howzat! Cricket Cake
by Lesley Bassett
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
This is the ultimate cake for a cricket fan, with an easily personalised message and colour scheme.
Any cricket fan would be bowled over by this sporty celebration cake. The colour scheme could easily be changed to different team colours if the recipient isn’t an England fan.
What you'll learn
- Covering the Cake and Board: Cover the cake and board with sugarpaste and use a rolling pin to add texture.
- Colouring the Paste: Find out how much paste you'll need to prepare to complete the project.
- Boundary Rope: Discover how to make a quick and easy rope effect and the secrets of using a sugar shaper.
- Cricket Pad and Bat: Learn the tricks of using a Patchwork Cutter to create effective and realistic cricket accessories.
- Stumps, Bails, Ball and Helmet: Find out how to model the cricket stumps, bails, ball and helmet and add detail.
- Scoreboard: Learn how to cut out a scoreboard and add letters and piped royal icing to personalise it.
- Finishing Touches: Arrange and secure the decorations on the cake then trim the board with ribbon.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.