Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
by Jan Clement-May
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
This traditional centrepiece uses simple Sugar Dough modelling techniques to great effect.
This spectacular Christmas cake is a fantastic way to show off your sugarcraft skills this festive season. Use as a centrepiece at dinner parties then amaze your guests by revealing the delicious cake beneath.
What you'll learn
- Shaping the Cake: Learn how to carve, stack and crumb-coat a cone-shaped cake.
- Covering the Cake and Drum: Find out how to cover a cone-shaped cake with sugarpaste, then cover a cake drum and decorate it with a floorboard effect.
- Tree Foliage: Discover how to make fir tree foliage from Sugar Dough and attach them to the cake.
- Mixing the Colours: Colour Sugar Dough to make festive colours for the tree decorations.
- Star: Learn to make a star for the top of the tree from Sugar Dough.
- Tinsel: Learn to create pieces of tinsel from Sugar Dough.
- Candy Canes: Learn to create candy canes from Sugar Dough.
- Baubles: Learn to make and decorate baubles from Sugar Dough.
- Presents: Learn to make and decorate presents from Sugar Dough.
- Painted Details: Use a dust food colour mixture to paint decorative designs on the presents.
- Bows: Learn to make bows from Sugar Dough.
- Bauble Box: Learn how to make and assemble a box from Sugar Dough.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.