Poinsettia Jewel Christmas Cake
by Susanna Righetto
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Create a chic chocolate cake for your Christmas table featuring the fabulously festive poinsettia.
As thoughts turn to Christmastime, the colours that come to mind are warm and rich, like the atmosphere at that time of the year. This cake combines the queen of Christmas flowers, the poinsettia, with the opulence of gold and the indulgence of chocolate. The focus is on taste too, coupling dark chocolate with orange ganache and orange hazelnut paste. The crowning touch is the almond flavour of the gold macaroons that pairs so well with the jewel-like centres of the poinsettias.
What you'll learn
- Covering and Assembling the Cakes: Layer and fill the cakes before covering with Cocoform and adding macaroon halves.
- Poinsettia Buds: Make the small gold buds for the poinsettias.
- Poinsettia Centres: Use stamens to make the small flowers for the centres.
- Poinsettia Bracts: Make the big, showy bracts for each flower.
- Assembly: Tape the poinsettia parts together and secure them onto the cake.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.