Retro Oven Cake
by Karen Taylor
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Create a delightfully kitsch oven-shaped celebration cake, ideal for the baking fan.
Baking fans will love this oven-shaped celebration cake complete with a delicious tray of freshly-baked cookies. Perfect for birthdays and many other special occasions, the delightfully kitsch design can be adapted to include favourite colours or bakes depending on the recipient.
What you'll learn
- Covering the Board: Find out how to cover the cake board with a retro pattern.
- Shaping the Cake: Cut the cake and stack it using buttercream to create the foundations for the oven shape.
- Covering the Cake: See the oven take shape as you cover it with sugarpaste.
- The Oven: Discover how to add the gas hobs and oven door.
- Oven Trims and Handles: Learn how to add realistic details such as the oven handle and towel rail.
- Oven Controls: Create tiny temperature controls for the front of the oven.
- Baking Tray and Cookies: Find out how to make a miniature tray of cookies using Sugar Dough.
- Oven Glove and Tea Towels: Use sugarpaste and some clever techniques to create patterned oven gloves and tea towels.
- Finishing Touches: Trim the cake board with ribbon for a professional finishing touch.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.