Rose Dome Wedding Cake
by Liz Finch
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
This elegant silver and lemon wedding cake features a romantic arragement of sugar roses.
Roses are one of the most popular flowers for wedding cakes and it can be difficult to decide how best to display them if they are the only flower chosen for the cake design. This wedding cake reflects the style of popular hand-tied bouquets by creating a massed dome of full rose blooms and keeping the cake tiers plain and simple to accentuate the top tier. This style of arrangement is a great starting point for those who perhaps struggle to wire flowers into sprays
What you'll learn
- Preparing the Boards: Cover and trim cake board for supporting cakes and separators.
- Covering the Cakes: Learn how to cover and trim fruit cakes to a professional standard.
- Wired Roses: Discover how to create wired roses suitable for constructing a rose dome.
- Eucalyptus Foliage: Find out how to create realistic eucalyptus foliage for filling out a floral arrangement.
- Rose Dome Construction: Learn how to create an elegant rose dome for topping a cake.
- Finishing Touches: Find out how to assemble a wedding cake with separators.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.