All ProjectsRoyal Iced Miniature Wedding Cake
Royal Iced Miniature Wedding Cake
by Vivian Lee
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
A stunning yet simple mini cake project demonstrating a variety of piping techniques for beginners
This project is ideal for beginners as it uses only basic piping skills, microdots and lines to make a simple but effective wedding cake. Everything is piped directly from and onto the cake. Roses are used for decoration as they are one of the most basic flowers for beginners to make in sugar.
What you'll learn
- Preparing the Cakes: Level the cakes and cover with marzipan.
- Covering the Cakes with Royal Icing: Give each cake three coats of royal icing.
- Covering the Cake Drum: Coat the cake drum with royal icing.
- Top Cake with Tiara: Pipe the tiara and side decoration onto the top tier.
- Bottom Cake with Line Work: Pipe the floating line work onto the bottom tier.
- Rose Bouquet: Make a tiny posy of roses to accompany the cake.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.