Time for Tea
by Makiko Searle
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Find out how to make a tiered display of edible vintage teacups, cupcakes and a matching teapot
A cupcake tower is a popular choice of centrepiece at any party, and would make a great talking point at a wedding or afternoon tea. The traditional and contemporary combine in this beautiful tower of vintage-style edible teapot and teacups, which can be served as gifts or favours to your guests.
What you'll learn
- Tea Set Preparation: Create the cups, saucers and teapot handle and spout using pastillage a day ahead.
- Teapot and Teacups: Find out how to cover the teapot and teacup cakes with sugarpaste and decorate them using dust food colours.
- Cupcakes: Cover the cupcakes with fondant icing and decorate them with piped royal icing and sugar roses.
- Butterflies: Learn how to make the butterflies so they keep their shape.
- Cake Stand: Discover how to make your own three-tier cake stand for a fabulous display.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.