Wisteria Wedding Cake
by Susanna Righetto
Sign in or register for free to access the full project.
Create pretty pink Japanese wisteria using flower paste, perfect for a summer wedding.
Delicate clusters of pink petals and buds of the beautiful Japanese wisteria adorn this pretty wedding cake that would be perfect for a summer celebration.
What you'll learn
- Preparing the Cakes: Cover the cakes with marzipan and sugarpaste before dowelling and stacking them and trimming with ribbon for a professional finish.
- Wisteria Buds: Find out how to form pretty, pink buds using flower paste and a mixture of dust food colours.
- Wisteria Flowers: Learn how to make the centre, winged petal and banner (outer) petal and put them together to make a beautiful flower.
- Wisteria Leaves: Discover how to create realistic-looking leaves and attach them to the flowers.
- Finishing Touches: Find out how to arrange the wisteria on the cake for the best results.
Access the complete project
This project is FREE, register now or sign in to see the complete project.